“Recently I was working on a project where I had attached a function to the window.resize event. But my function simply would not run, and it took me forever to figure out why. The culprit turned out to be a jQuery plugin that also attached a function to window.resize when it was triggered (in this case to display a dialog). Problem is that when the dialog was dismissed, the script removed all window.resize handlers […]”.
Global events are similar to global variables: avoid them every time you can.
Recently saved from the net oblivion
- Integrating Twitter Bootstrap with Ruby on Rails - Roberto Soares
- Mobile Input Types
- RubySource | Payments in Rails with StripeRubySource
- Photon | CSS 3D Lighting Engine
- FactoryGirl Tips and Tricks by Arjan van der Gaag
- Fontello - easy iconic fonts composer
- Prefinery: Beta Management Software
- Safer event handling with jQuery namespaced events | 456 Berea Street
- SpahQL: Query, manipulate and manage JSON data effortlessly.
- The Bastards Book of Ruby
- CSS arrow, please